Thursday, September 29, 2011

Harry's Law - Disc 1

Harry's Law - Disc 1


What? An American show on this blog? Well, let me tell ya......


When I first started doing this it was intended to provide "data" on British programs for other people in the USA. I had a very nice collection and I figured somewhere out there were other people who also had an interest and it would be mutually rewarding as they say.
Ultimately, I talk with many more people outside the US than inside and at their request you may see the odd US show on here from time to time. Of course, I do have an interest in US shows from the first generation of TV: the 1950's and 1960's, but for US TV of the past 40 years I am totally clueless. I don't know anything and I don't care.
I worked nights, I went to school nights, I had family obligations nights. If I watched TV it was baseball, hockey, football and the British stuff on PBS.
This show is from writer-producer David Kelley who I gather is a Hollywood big wig. He's married to Michelle Pfeiffer and is the creator of such shows as Chicago Hope, Ally McBeal, Picket Fences, Boston Legal, The Practice, Boston Public and is the only screenwriter who has developed shows for all 4 networks.
He was also the lead writer on LA Law, Doogie Howser MD and did the US version of Life On Mars. He also wrote/produced the films Lake Placid and Mystery, Alaska. 
So why am I going on about this when I couldn't tell you one thing about any of those shows?
I recently found out that David Kelley is the same little kid Dave Kelley I knew about 50 years ago when I used to  hang out at his house with his older brother Paul. They didn't live there too long but they had a nice spread with horses and stuff but soon moved into the city where his dad was the hockey coach at one of the largest universities in the country. 
This all came about earlier this summer after I had a conversation with someone about "the oldest hockey arena" still in use, Boston Arena which has stood at St Botolph and Mass Ave for over 100 years now and what that has to do with any of this tain't worth going into.
Anyways, Harry's Law is a legal comedy-drama and currently in its second season...or so I'm told.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harry%27s_Law

No comments:

Post a Comment