Wednesday, January 1, 2020

New year, new decade

Happy new year. I'll be posting a disc of Christmas "specials" tomorrow as I'm still waiting on a couple of shows that will air tonight.
10 years ago, as we were about to kick off the second decade of the 21st century, there were comedy specials from My Family and Outnumbered. David Tennant bid farewell to his Doctor Who role, Catherine Tate did a special "Nan" show, The Royle Family returned for a special 10 years since they last were seen sitting in front of the box, and Cranford returned one last time a couple years after the show ended.
A lot has changed since then. Television content has changed a lot and the way we view it has as well. Standard-definition analog broadcasts are now a thing of the past and compressed video is a whole different ball of wax than it was ten years ago.  
A major change here from ten years ago is the cost of shipping, especially international shipping which has quadrupled over the past decade. But there is a way to circumvent that expense.
I'm going to post information on new shows before they begin and offer the opportunity for you to receive HD episodes by email on the same day they air. Simply download, copy to a flash drive or whatever, plug into your smart TV and you're good to go. Or do what I do - I have an old PC in the cabinet under my big TV. When I want to access a file I just change the input on the TV to the HDMI port for the PC. 
This week a second series of Bancroft will air over the next three nights as well as a new take on Dracula. This one from Norway began this past weekend: Wisting
Next week Father BrownCall the MidwifeSilent WitnessDeath in Paradise and Grantchester  all return with new series. 
If you wish to view along with those in the UK then get in touch with me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment