Friday, October 2, 2015

An Klondike + Résistance

Couple of new drama's.

An Klondike
Colin in New Zealand provided us with the first NZ western awhile back (Good For Nothing on Smorg 90). Now we have an Irish western, only this one isn't cowboys and whoopee-tai-yi-yo. It takes place in the 1890's in the mining camps of Montana and Yukon. A lot of the dialogue is in English, but many of the Irish speak Irish among themselves......as they actually would have. This has received positive reviews. My only nitpick is they are the cleanest looking miners and prospectors living in the wilderness I've ever seen. They must have had a great laundry service back then. 
article in the Irish Examiner

Résistance is a French big-budget mini-series from last year. Well done.....I don't think I can ever watch 'Allo 'Allo! again without feeling a little guilty when laughing. I was trying to find a review to share, but can't find one.
Résistance

No comments:

Post a Comment