Friday, June 5, 2015

Red Rock - Series 1

Red Rock is a new crime drama serial from Ireland about the goings-on in a rough suburban neighborhood of Dublin. Crooked cops, crooked families....EastEnders meets The Bill. Has a couple threads running in each episode and a common thread tying the stories together. This has been very well received and will be returning for another series in four months or so. Rather than airing a single 45-minute weekly episode, it is split over two consecutive nights on commercial TV. I had to do some tweaking to get the entire first series onto a single disc but I think it came out pretty good. I did that rather than have one disc with 38 episodes and a second disc with six. Now that I know it will be running in 22 week cycles I'll probably do 22 episodes per disc. I still have all the .mp4 and .mkv files and may redo this first series that way at some point, but right now I simply don't have the time for it. The contents of the disc is about 16½ hours of video. Don't be put off by the term "soap" in the following link. It doesn't mean the same thing there as it does in the US. There Mad Men is a soap. This has a prevailing police theme to it although the following article doesn't really leave the reader with that impression.     
Red Rock review

No comments:

Post a Comment