Monday, May 4, 2015

yet even more on disc players

James in Texas writes:

Mediasonic HW-150PVR HomeWorx ATSC Digital Converter Box with Media Player and Recording PVR Function:

"That is the unit recommended by Sharon in Memphis. Please thank her for me. It is fantastic. The quality is excellent and the ease of use fantastic and it plays everything (the only exception being A Touch Of Frost D2 9. I had to convert it to MP4 to get it to play). Instead of re-recording, you simply use send to and can transfer a disc to hard drive in two to three minutes, The price is cheap enough to put one with each TV."

I'm going to order one myself and give it a try.

Sharon added some information on the Mediasonic:
It does a lot more than just read video files. I got it because I wanted to have all your files in one place
and I prefer to watch them on TV. Take full advantage of what this box and other boxes like it does and for a cheap price too.
Get a indoor uhf/vhf tv antenna hook it up and scan for free channels.
It has it's own input so you don't have to chose between cable and free tv.
You get ABC- CBS- NBC -FOX- ION- CW and "SUB-CHANNELS" that play classic tv shows and movies.
Record tv shows  to external hard drive rename them and watch them on your own time. (It's a DVR)
(I think your cable box has to be off to use this box to watch tv and record. I don't have cable I use Roku.)
Plays music MP3
Plays pictures has thumbnails and slide show
Plays videos off you tube
(You transfers these files onto hard drive/flash drive with computer of course.)
You supply hard drive there is no built in storage space.
Tv recording are large in size so you need lots of space.
The box reads up to a 2tb external drive
External hard drives are made for TV recording but for just reading video files, pictures, and music, usb flash drives are fine.
It would read SD cards too but you just need USB Hub and then put card into hub.
Like I said  I got this box because of you and loved the fact It did a lot more than read files. I can only think of 1 disc that I had trouble copying to the hard drive and that was just  one file on the disc but for the most part I haven't had enough problems from
this box to worry about.

No comments:

Post a Comment