Friday, February 7, 2014

Alf Garnett crisps

The big grocery store chain here in Florida is called Publix. It's employee-owned so the profits don't go to the shareholders of some big holding corporation in Belgium, the Netherlands or UK who could care less about their employees or customers, so I give my business to them and Costco - another company that doesn't treat their employees like smokeless tobacco (chew 'em up - spit 'em out).
Anyway, although I'd have to be desperate to eat them, I couldn't help but notice that they've put the image of Alf Garnett on their bags of crisps....or potato chips as they're called in the USA.
I bet their security people, hidden away someplace, are still wondering why someone stopped to take a photo of a bag of chips.
Actually, I'm sure it's just a take on the old Mr Potato Head toy, but I couldn't help but notice the resemblance to Alf, the character played by Warren Mitchell for some 33 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment